The SAFE-T-TYRE Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (or TPMS) for caravans and cars is now available. The latest in safety technology from Safety Dave, the SAFE-T-TYRE monitor, allows you to wirelessly view live readings of tyre pressures on your car and caravan.
Keeping your car and caravan tyres at the optimal tyre pressure has the advantages of:
- extending your tyre life – under-inflated tyres wear faster. Consider that cost over 6 or 8 tyres and it adds up;
- keeping you safer on the road – under-inflated tyres contribute to accidents by reducing vehicle handling, increasing braking distance and increasing the likelihood of blowouts;
- saving you money on fuel – As an example: a 9% drop in tyre pressure increases fuel consumption by around 5%.
The SAFE-T-TYRE system features a wireless, rechargeable monitor with 60 hours usage time before recharge. Sensors which are easy to fit to your tyres are available with:
- 4 sensors for car or dual axle van
- 6 sensors for car and single axle van
- 8 sensors for car and dual axle van
As a few inches of tyre rubber are the only thing connecting your caravan to the bitumen we recommend that our customers regularly check their caravan tyre pressure. For details of how to maually check your tyre pressure- read our article here. At the RV Service Centre we perform tyre checks with our caravan service. When you are on the road, a tyre pressure monitoring system for your car and caravan will take the work out of monitoring your tyres – allowing you to keep your tyres inflated at the safest and most efficient levels. The SAFE-T-TYRE TPMS for caravans and cars is an easy DIY install with a 2 year warranty. For more information give us a call or visit the RV Service Centre showroom.