How do you run an air conditioner from the batteries in a van for hours?
Paul approached us to assist with setting up his mobile office in the back of his Mercedes Sprinter. The requirements were to run a roof top air conditioner that would keep the entire rig cool throughout a full working day, giving him the ability to effectively run his business while he was on site or in between jobs. Powering an air conditioner is no small job so a specialized solution was required.
The power solution was this…
The complete independent power for mobile office solution included:
- Dometic Ibis 4 Inverter Air Conditioner
- MaxxAir Fan 12 volt automatic opening roof hatch
- 3 Solar panels
- Enerdrive Lithium battery which packs the maximum power into the smallest and lightest package
- 2 x DC Chargers
- 3000 Watt inverter to run the air conditioner, laptop and other appliances
- Power monitor display
- Additional system cooling fans
- External power point to power tools and equipment on site
- Automatic loading ladder rack
- Interior work lights
- Exterior work lights
- UHF radio
The resulting system has succeeded in fulfilling Paul’s requirements for a mobile office and a system that allows the Dometic air conditioner to run through the day without requiring to be plugged into mains power. Paul can run his business from anywhere in comfort.
If you are looking for a power solution for your van or caravan our experienced team at the RV Service Centre can recommend the right equipment for your rig and budget. Give us a call or visit our Toowoomba showroom for a free quote.