With caravan parks reopening soon, and the school holidays about to begin – ensure your rig is safe on the road with a pre-holiday service.
If your servicing is up to date, but you haven’t used your van in a while, ensure you check a few things before heading off:
- your brakes may be rusty and take a while to start working effectively again
- smoke alarm
- fire extinguisher
- check your hot water system anode
- fridge operational – run at home on all power sources to check
- battery condition – do a full load test
- trailer plug and anderson plug condition – sitting in the weather they often corrode. They are cheap to replace, or sometimes just need a clean.
- lubricate your stabiliser legs