Get a bike carrier for the back of the caravan! Bike carriers for caravans allow you to take your bikes with you. It’s an easy enough proposition but one that requires a specific solution to match your caravan or motorhome.
A few considerations that you might have before you go drilling holes in the back of your van are:
- Does my caravan have windows at the back that will be unable to be opened with a bike carrier attached?
- Does the rear wall of my caravan have the structural support to hold the weight of a bike carrier & bikes? Many vans don’t as the traditional timber framing is not strong enough.
- When the bikes are fitted, will I be able reach the bikes to get them down / put them back up?
- Will the height of the bikes when fitted cause them to scrape on driveways / inclines etc?
- Will the bikes interfere with the spare wheel/s or caravan cover?
In our experience, fitting a bike carrier almost always requires a custom solution to ensure a professional fit for the caravan or motorhome. Take a look at a custom set up we made for this Fiamma Bike Carrier specifically so that the caravan cover could be fitted without having to remove the bike carrier or the bikes.
There are great bike carrier products for caravans that make it easy get your bikes on and off and many options available to suit your particular set up. Our experienced team can provide the best solution for you. Give us a call at the RV Service Centre for a customised quote for professional installation of a bike carrier for your caravan.