Take a look at the options for staying warm including diesel heaters for caravans, gas heaters for caravans and your 240v options.
When the weather cools down, a heater for your caravan or motorhome can make life comfortable and expand your holiday options in the winter months. You have a few choices when it comes to heating but the main decision in heaters will come down to your power source. If you are a caravan park traveler and have a powered site then running a reverse cycle air-conditioner or a small fan heater on 240v is a good option as you are already paying for the power. If you are an independent traveler who isn’t regularly staying at a powered site then running air-conditioning or portable heaters off of your batteries or solar panel system for long periods or overnight is not really an option without also running a generator. There are drawbacks with using a generator including noise and the inability to use them in most National Parks.
For the independent traveller the better options for keeping the caravan or motorhome warm are diesel or gas heaters. Both gas and diesel heaters for caravans are:
- able to be fitted as an aftermarket accessory;
- offer excellent heating ability with very quiet operation (far less noisy than a roof-mounted air conditioner);
- able to be ducted throughout the caravan or motorhome;
- small in size and installed underneath the caravan or motorhome;
- vented externally meaning that the noise and fumes are kept outside;
- offer continuous electronic monitoring and controllable thermostat from inside the van;
- importantly, they operate economically with low power and fuel/gas consumption.
They are both a great choice so how do you decide between a diesel caravan heater and a gas caravan heater?
The main decision comes down to your preference of energy source. A diesel heater requires a small 10L diesel tank to be installed. A gas heater can be connected to your existing gas bottles and as with all gas appliances, installation requires certification from a gas safety inspector. Many of our independent travelling customers choose the diesel heater as diesel fuel is readily available even in remote locations where gas might be more difficult to obtain.
At the RV Service Centre our experienced team can supply and install diesel heaters and gas heaters for caravans to keep you warm and comfortable all through the cooler months. Give us a call or visit our showroom for more information and a free quote.