Our professional team have compiled a caravan emergency repair kit list to help you out of a difficult situation.
We keep a fully stocked showroom with all of the best gear for caravan repairs and we understand that when you are travelling, storage space is at a premium and you can’t carry a showroom full of spare parts and supplies. Here is our list of Caravan Emergency Repair Kit essentials to carry that will help until you can get professional repairs carried out:
- Duct tape
- Zip ties
There is a saying –
If it’s stuck and it’s not meant to be then use WD40.
If it’s not stuck and it’s meant to be use duct tape.
We would add:
If that fails, use zip ties.
These items are really helpful in your caravan emergency repair kit:
- Handheld tube of silicone sealant
- Spare fuses
- Spare light bulbs for tail lights
- Tyre pressure gauge
- Fire extinguisher
- Gas leak detector fluid
- Yellow gas tape
- Pink plumbing tape
- Selected John Guest plumbing fittings including a stop cock, threaded fittings, one-way valve and a small length of pipe
- A quality jack – Kojack or Trailermate are quality brands
- A set of bearings for the caravan wheels. Even if you are unable to fit them yourself, having the spare parts on hand may mean that roadside assistance can bring their tools and get you back on the road quickly.
- Spare weight distribution hitch snaplock pins. These are easy to lose so having spares can be very handy
- Spare D-shackle. Customers report that these grow legs and walk. Having a spare will get you on the road
We had a number of customers affected by recent storms with their caravan awnings being damaged in a storm and unable to be secured to the van. Duct tape and zip ties might be enough to secure the awning to get you safely on the road. If you have the tools and you are able, removing the barrel is a good option. If all else fails then cutting the awning off and securing the awning legs/ hardware with zip ties and duct tape will get you back on the road.
The other important thing that you will want to keep handy are the RV Service Centre details. If you are experiencing a caravan emergency, once everyone is safe, give us a call and we’ll do our best to help you out. Our professional team can diagnose the problems, organise spare parts and on-site repairs or for your caravan to be brought to our workshop for bigger repairs.