Selling a 2nd Hand Caravan
If you’re looking to sell your caravan 2nd hand, there are a number of things you need to be aware of.
- Provide a safety certificate – which can be issued by a licensed caravan inspector.
- Provide a current LPG certificate – which can be issued by a licensed gas fitter.
- Provide a proof of disposal form – issued by Queensland Transport / Dept of Transport and Main Roads (TMR)
- Provide a bill of sale to the purchaser
- Have the van professionally serviced recently
- Make buy aware of any known issues
Warranty on a 2nd Hand Caravan
You are not required to provide a warranty to the buyer. However, it is the number 1 reason why many people won’t buy a 2nd hand caravan privately – they are unsure of what they are getting.
As part of our pre-purchase inspection, we will provide a warranty for a 2nd hand caravan you wish you sell privately. This gives the buyer peace of mind, and helps you widen the target audience for selling your van.