Lovells Authorised Dealer Toowoomba
Lovells is Australia’s leading supplier of federally compliant GVM and GCM/Towing Capacity upgrades in Australia. RV Service Centre is your authorised Toowoomba dealer for Lovells Suspension upgrade systems.
Overloaded? Time to get legal!
We offer professional, federally compliant upgrades for popular tow vehicles such as:
- Toyota LandCruiser 200 Series – 4,000kg Braked Towing Capacity (BTC), 3,800kg GVM, 7,800kg GCM*, 400kg ball weight, 1200lbs Weight Distribution Hitch with 95mm adjustable shank.
- Toyota Prado 150 Series – 3,500kg Lovells GVM Upgrade
- Ford Ranger – 3,500kg Lovells GVM Upgrade
- Mazda BT-50 – 3,500kg Lovells GVM Upgrade
- Isuzu DMax – 3,600kg Lovells GVM Upgrade
- Hilux, Patrol, and other vehicles also available.
If you are looking for the absolute best in Lovells GVM Upgrades and GCM Upgrades in Toowoomba QLD, talk to RV Service Centre today.
How do I know if I need it?
Make an appointment with us, and we will weigh your entire rig – vehicle, ball weight, van, and axle weights. Based on these results, we can advise how much spare capacity you have, and whether it is worthwhile upgrading the vehicle.
Before VS After Registration
Upgrades can be carried out for vehicles that are already registered (through QLD State Compliance), or prior to registration (through Federal compliance). If you are planning on purchasing a new vehicle, and will require the GVM or towing capacity upgrade done, it is better/easier to have it done prior to registration. We work through all local car dealers to carry out the upgrade prior to you pickup up a new vehicle. If your vehicle is already registered, there is just one extra step in the paperwork – the work carried out is exactly the same.
Private or Fleet
RV Service Centre offers Lovells GVM upgrades to both private customers, as well as commercial customers with fleet arrangements.
Why do vehicles required Towing Capacity or GVM upgrades?
- Individual owners needing to ensure their caravan/trailer overall weight, and ball weight is within their vehicle limits.
- Need to protect Business, Managers from claims for breaches of OH&S rules and employee negligence.
- Possibility of Insurance companies to void payout if the vehicle is towing beyond approved Braked Towing Capacity.
- Possibility of litigation under common law if is vehicle operated beyond its legal Towing Limits
Can a Lovells BTC Upgrade be complied if another brand of GVM Upgrade is fitted to the vehicle?
No. The Lovells Braked Towing Capacity (BTC) Upgrade can only be complied if a Lovells GVM Upgrade is fitted to the vehicle. This is due to all test data, dynamic testing and ADR compliance has been gained with Lovells parts and design parameters.
Can the Lovells GVM Upgrade and BTC Upgrade Kits be fitted to LC200 with KDSS?
Yes. Popular tow models like the VX and Sahara have KDSS suspension which is fully compatible with the Lovells GVM upgrade.
Is the GVM and BTC Upgrade legal in all States and Territories?
Yes. Rest assured, Dept of Transport have the final say on all Second Stage manufacturers and we cover everything and more as required by the ADRs. To remain compliant, any wheel and tyre combo is fine to use on your LC200 as long as the rims have an Australian Standard reference and the tyres must have a load index of 116 or greater. To remain legal under VSB14 (which is a National Code), tyre height gain cannot exceed 50mm (over original equipment tyres).
What about the Caravan – ATM Upgrades Available
Upgrading the vehicle is one thing – to ensure the vehicle can tow the weight of your van. Ensuring your van is within IT’S limits is another check that needs to be carried out – and something we offer with our Caravan ATM Upgrade services. You can read more about Caravan ATM Upgrades here.
(*) Note that the GCM is not listed as part of the approval – it is governed by the GVM of 3,800 + Brake Towing Capacity of 4,000kg.