Safety & Gas Certificates (Roadworthy)

If you are selling your caravan privately, you are required to provide a safety certificate (roadworthy certificate) – much like for selling a motor vehicle, and also a Gas Certificate.

Small caravans / camper trailers, that have a Aggregate Trailer Mass (ATM) of 750kg or less are exempt from the Safety Certificate requirement, but still require the Gas Certificate if they have a gas system on-board.

We are able to provide both certificates for buyers/sellers transacting a private caravan sale.

Caravan Safety Certificates (QLD) are valid for 60 days.

Caravan Gas Certificates (QLD) are valid for 90 days.

You are entitled to tow your caravan or trailer from your premises to ours while it is unregistered, providing you have completed a vehicle registration form (available from Transport and Main Roads website). More information on the TMR website >>.

We are also able to measure your caravan for registration requirements if you are transferring rego from interstate, or registering for the first time. This is part of our HVRAS certification.