Caravan reversing cameras are a huge convenience and offer better safety while towing. Better vision means you can reverse like a pro because you can SEE what’s happening. No more guessing what is behind you.
Caravan reversing cameras are available to be fitted as an aftermarket accessory and come in a few styles to suit your particular requirements. A good caravan reversing camera set up features 3 cameras. A dual caravan reversing camera will provide the driver with a high resolution colour image of the rear of the caravan and the traffic behind the caravan. If your tow vehicle doesn’t already feature a reversing camera then an additional camera installed on the tow vehicle will allow easy hitching up. Having good vision while reversing is a great way to help avoid accidental collisions and assure the safety of those around you.
There are a number caravan reversing camera options with the key features we recommend to customers being:
- A dual camera system mounted on the back of the caravan. One camera is pointed up at the traffic behind you for use while driving. This gives you a field of view behind you starting about 5 metres from the rear of the caravan. The second camera points down at the bumper and lets you see from the bumper to about 3 metres behind the caravan for use while reversing. The cost of installation for a dual camera system is the same as a single camera so it is worthwhile having the additional camera.
- A reversing camera for the back of the vehicle (if your vehicle doesn’t already have a reversing camera).
- A wired reversing camera system. Wireless reversing camera systems require the transmitter and receiver to the be aimed at each other and can have interference due to the bulk of the caravan being between the camera transmitter and the monitor in the front of the vehicle. With an investment in a quality camera, it is worthwhile having the camera installed and wired to the vehicle.
- High resolution colour cameras with audio. It is really helpful to have the audio feature on the caravan camera as someone guiding the caravan can be heard by the driver easily.
The monitors for the caravan reversing cameras come in either a dash mount option or clip onto the rearview mirror. When choosing between the styles of monitor, it really comes down to personal preference and where the monitor is best positioned in your particular vehicle.
At the RV Service Centre we are local installers for the Safety Dave range of caravan reversing cameras. The Safety Dave range of reversing cameras offer an impressive range of features including:
- extremely high quality colour image resolution
- a choice of monitor styles which can be installed on the dash or clip onto the rearview mirror
- the monitor is easily removed from the vehicle mount for security
- the cameras come in either black, white or silver and a range of styles to suit your particular situation
- the option of a single image monitor or a split screen monitor with the ability to view up to 4 cameras on the screen at once
- a full 2 year replacement warranty
Caravan reversing cameras give you better vision and increase your safety. We have had plenty of customers realise that investing in good vision is a smart investment after they have had an incident and paid for repairs. Why wait? Come in store and try out the Safety Dave reversing cameras on display in the RV Service Centre showroom or give us a call for more information and a free quote.
It is worth noting that a caravan reversing camera is not a substitute for good towing mirrors. A caravan reversing camera will only show you what is happening behind the caravan. Towing mirrors show you what is happening beside the caravan. For more information on towing mirrors see our buyers guide here.