Archives for December 2017
1. The winning entry will be a lifestyle photograph featuring a caravan or pop-top caravan on location in the great outdoors. The winning entry will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing and original. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
2. This competition is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or over, except for employees of RV Service Centre and their immediate families.
3. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judge is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
4. Entries should be submitted by via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name and location of the photograph and image files must be the original file from your camera or 200 dpi and between 1MB and 3MB. Entrants should include their own name, address and telephone number. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
5. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
6. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
7. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to RV Service Centre to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material.
8. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
9. One entrant shall win a Kovix KTR18 Alarmed stainless steel Trailer Lock valued at $200.
11. The winner’s name and the winning image will feature in the March RVSC Newsletter.
12. The prize as described is available on the date of publication. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
13. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the RV Service Centre and accordingly the RV Service Centre may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the RV Service Centre as a result thereof.
With the large hailstorm hitting these areas of the Darling Downs this afternoon, you may have had your caravan or motorhome affected.
If you need caravan repairs for recent hail damage, please call our emergency on-call contact
Please leave a message if your call is not answered immediately.
While our workshop is closed until 8 Jan, our emergency on call team can assist with emergency repairs, on site fixes and insurance quotes.
We will be closed from 23 DEC, and re-open Monday 8 Jan at 8am.
iRoad dash cams offer the leading dash cam technology and after taking a better look at them, it is easy to see why they are now so popular in Australia.
On the road many drivers are busy, less patient, and without evidence, in the event of an accident, it is your word against theirs. If you can’t prove you weren’t at fault you will pay – either for their costs, or at least your insurance excess. As an example: a truck overtakes you, and cuts you off – doesn’t hit you, but their negligent driving has caused your van to sway, which then involves you in an accident. A dash cam can give you the evidence you need in an accident.
The iRoad dash cams feature high image resolution and can even record an incident involving your vehicle while you are parked and away from your vehicle. Some caravan owners have used the dash cam as an overnight security device for their caravan by facing their vehicle towards their van as the motion detection will trigger an alert to their smartphone. The video is able to be streamed live to your smartphone or computer.
There are a few variations in the features offered with the dash cams. The iRoad Q9 and the T10 offer a dash cam and rear camera with the impressive benefit of their Road Safety Warning System that provides audio alerts for Lane Departure, Front Collision and Front Vehicle Departure. The list of features in the iRoad dash cams is a long and impressive one.
If you would like to see a demonstration of the iRoad dash cams, come into the RV Service Centre Toowoomba and compare the models to see which one might be best for you.
Our professional advice is to get caravan resealing carried out every 6 years. Many customers are shocked to learn that damage caused by water leaks in a caravan is not covered by insurance. Water leaks in a caravan will lead to a rotten timber frame and black mould in the lining of the caravan. Costs to repair water damage quickly add up to thousands and in extreme cases can mean the caravan is simply not worth the cost of the repairs.
One customer recently discovered the extent of the water damage when he touched a stain on the ceiling and his finger went right through the timber revealing rotten timber and black mould. Often the damage from water leaks isn’t obvious until timber boards start to warp or you can smell a musty or mouldy odour. You can imagine the health implications of sleeping and living inside a caravan lined with black mould.
Don’t let water leaks damage your caravan. Caravan resealing every 6 years and a regular inspection of the caravan seals is the best way to prevent water leaks.
One potential solution to water leaks is a paint-over sealant product. In our experience these products are only effective in limited circumstances, lasting a limited time and we caution customers in using them. In the same way that a good paint job relies on a well prepared surface, underlying problems will not be fixed with a simple paint over solution. In our experience where paint over sealants have been used without fixing the leaks, the leaks persist and the resulting repair job becomes much more costly as it requires the removal of the painted on sealant.
At the RV Service Centre we offer professional inspection of all seals on your caravan. There are more areas to check than you think and at our purpose built caravan service facility we can safely inspect all areas on the roof of your caravan and provide professional caravan resealing in Toowoomba.
Quality Supex caravan privacy screens available at the RV Service Centre now!
Sizes available to suit caravans and pop-top caravans.
199GSM 95% shadecloth in silver / grey comes with pegs and ropes.